This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Free Online Courses
Coursera is probably the most popular MOOC (massive open online courses) platform offering free online courses and classes. It is a social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer free online courses for anyone, anywhere. Find any one of over 400 courses in various topics from worldwide famous Universities such as Columbia University, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Stanford University, University of Edinburgh, Johns Hopkins University and more, sign up and begin to learn.
- List of featured Universities
- List of available courses
- Covers various categories such as Business & Management, Computer Science, Computer Science: Programming & Software Engineering, Computer Science: Theory, Economics & Finance, Education , Music, Film & Audio Engineering and more
- Specialization courses available, so you can master applied skills as taught by the best universities in the world
- Free unverified certificates on completion of a course
- Verified certificate for a price
- Shareable course records
- List of available job positions at Coursera
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ accounts
- iOS, Android and Kindle apps
- Courses available in a huge range of foreign languages
- Over 400 free online courses to read through and learn, from how to do well in college to mathematical biostatistics- find whatever you want
- Learn when you want- watching short lectures, taking quizzes, and being graded by your peers can all happen whenever you have free time- no commitment to sit down and wade through
- Teaching methods in the free courses have all been verified by independent researchers– they’re the best for helping you learn
- Online college courses taught by some of the best universities in the world, including Yale, Princeton, and Stanford
- Immediate feedback
- Courses available in a range of different languages, for people all round the world
- The majority of courses are mathematical or scientific– for those more interested in the arts or humanities, there isn’t a huge range to choose from
- It is important before taking a course that you are interested in the topic and willing to put in enough hours, whenever you can, to rally take full advantage of the site
- Courses can vary in quality, depending on professor and subject matter
- Learners have to progress at the speed the tutor uploads videos
- Peer feedback is an important part of the course- mark others’ work, and see how they completed a course, or get tips from those who look at your own tests
- The Coursera forums are a fantastic place to get information on the best free courses to take, how to complete certain parts, or simply how to spend your time well on the website. If you’re serious about using the site, going on the forums is a must
Though there are a number of sites that give free education to anyone who wishes to learn, Coursera is definitely one of the best- with the largest amount of university partners, most courses and availability of foreign languages, it is accessible to everyone, as long as you are willing to put in the time and effort required to learn. For those looking for free education on hundreds of subjects, Coursera is a great place to begin.
Go back to Free Online Courses category to find more websites and organisations offering free courses in London.