Travel Comparison Website
Momondo is a global award winning travel comparison website that helps you find and compare the cheapest flights, hotels, car rentals and travel deals across the web. Momondo is a metasearch engine that searches across hundreds of airlines, travel sites and low cost carriers at once to show you the cheapest tickets and direct you to the providers that sell them. The site doesn’t sell tickets and there is no additional booking fee added in the prices shown. We loved Momondo’s Price Calendar which provides a graph with price variations for the selected route across the month or the whole year. We also really liked the Best Flights option which offers info about the best balance between price and flight time, and reveals how departure days and seasonality can affect fare prices.
- Free to use website
- Stunning layout and great user experience
- Searches for best cheap deals on flights, hotel, car hire and travel deals
- The website can be viewed in 32 different languages
- App available for iPhone and Android
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages
- Clever Travel Finder widget that helps you find affordable desinations according to your budget. The suggested destinations can be shorted by Most popular, Cheapest, Warmest, Social, Fancy, Cultural, Family, Local or Romantic. It also shows the warmest period for each suggested destination
- Momondo offers a superb Price Calendar which is an overview of estimated cheapest prices for different dates on the route you’ve selected and price fluctuations on flights to easily find the days with the biggest savings
- You can create Fare Alerts to receive email notifications with price changes on the selected route
- It provides a ‘Best’ flights option through which you can find flights with the best balance between price and flight time
- The currencies are updated on a daily basis
- The Inspiration page feautures some really nice articles categorised by Cities, Beach & Nature, Romantic, Food & Drink, News & Tips
- You can’t register to create your own profile and save your searches (however, you can always use the fare alert)
- Sometimes there is a time lag between the moment that Momondo finds the cheapest fair for you and the moment that you click to view it and therefore the price can be different
- The prices in the price calendar are merely estimates so you need to make a live search to get the latest prices
- Select the ‘Multiple destinations’ button in the search form to search through multiple destinations
- Momondo offers a price guarantee in hotels ensuring that you get the cheapest price online for hotel rooms anywhere in the world. If for any reason you find a cheaper deal regarding your booking within 24 hours, you can use the price the guarantee and the price difference will be refunded to you
- When you search for a flight, remember to tick the ‘nearby airports’ option as Momondo will suggest flight alternatives through nearby airports to help you save more money
- Before booking a ticket through a travel agent that you find on Momondo it would be good to double check the provider’s popularity and possible reviews on the web
Overall, Momondo is a great travel comparison site that makes real-time, live searches and find the best prices available at the time of your search. It has a great design and the user experience is just great. We totally recommend Momondo as your as a cheap tickets finder.
Go back to our Budget Travelling category to find more websites and organisations offering budget travelling deals.