Cheap Train and Bus Tickets
National Express offers cheap coach and train tickets for travelling throughout the UK including London airports Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton. There is also Eurolines, National Express’ international service to over 600 destinations across 33 countries in Europe and Ireland.
- Simple, easy to use site
- Register for free to receive offers, news, competitions and travel tips
- London Heathrow (£15 one-way), Gatwick (for £10 one-way or £16 return), Stansted (from £5 one-way) and Luton airport transfers
- National Express Eurolines for cheap train tickets to Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Rotterdam and more.
- 2 for 1 offers
- Lowest fares for finding cheap tickets
- Email alerts with offers and news (you will automatically be entered into a monthly prize draw to win £250)
- Travel to Europe (£4 booking fee per person)
- Mobile site and mobile tickets for 50p
- £1 booking fee for each transaction
- Coach tracker– an ability to track your coach in real-time
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ accounts
25% OFF on standard fares for one week only – offer ends on Friday 19 June!
- Site is aesthetically pleasing, with all pages easy to find
- Huge number of ways you can save- travel cards to lower prices on train travel, a page to find all their lowest fares, and discounts when buying hotel stays and train travel at the same time
- 2 for 1 deals on attractions in London, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham
- Coaches can travel to any 1 of over 900 stops in the UK
- Handy guides on different cities in the UK- where to go, what to see, and cheap ideas for tourists
- Free cancellation on most hotel rooms
- Customer reviews do suggest that buses can be very late to turn up – sometimes over an hour- and that they can take a while to get to their destinations
- Customer services at certain places can be bad, with little or conflicting information, and bad quality service
- Company can be difficult to get a refund from if problems occur with the journey
- Check customer reviews regarding National Express’ services through Ciao.co.uk.
- If you’re 60 or over you can save 1/3 off standard fares with the Senior Coachcard (just £10 a year and no restrictions on peak and off peak travel times).
- If you’re aged 16 – 26 or a full-time student you can get National Express ‘s Young Person’s Coachcard and save 1/3 on standard fares (just £10 a year or £25 for three years!)
- Chance to win £250, just by signing up!
- Check the bottom of the page to find a free printable luggage tag for travelling
Overall, National Express seems like an excellent company to book with- the majority of reviews show friendly drivers, good service and helpful staff. While there are complaints about the buses being late or the staff unhelpful, these are definitely in the minority, though as with all things caution should be taken when booking. However, for those looking for cheap coach or train tickets to many places across the UK, National Express is a reliable and cheap way to get from A to B.
Go back to Cheap Coach Tickets category to find more UK providers of cheap train tickets and offers for travelling across the UK.