Cheap Train Tickets
Redspottedhanky.com is a nice online train retailer helping you find cheap train tickets for traveling in the UK. There is no booking, card or standard delivery fees and the best part is that they promise to find you the cheapest train fare and if not, they will refund you the difference in loyalty points. We had a look at several review websites and there are bad reviews on the internet regarding Redspottedhanky.com ‘s customer service.
- Train Ticket Top Offers
- European Train Tickets
- No booking, credit or debit card fees
- Live train info about arrivals and departures
- Book trains, hotels, theatres, the Eurostar, and rental cars
- Destination guides
- Loyalty Account – earn points and rewards with every purchase
- Blog for up-to-date information
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ accounts
- No credit or debit card fees when booking
- Can save on average 51% over booking at the station on the day
- No need to register or sign up for their loyalty scheme- soon as you start buying tickets, your account is credited with points
- Loyalty points expire at the end of every calendar year, so make sure to start accumulating them early each year to get the most out of them!
- Refunds are hard to understand on the site, and often are impossible to receive after a lot of effort
- Customer service is apparently slow to respond or refund, and there is little they can do in most situations or problems
- Website errors sometimes lead to the wrong ticket being purchased
- Book in advance to save on average 51% compared to tickets bought on the day
- Off peak is cheaper (weekdays after 9.30am and before 5pm, and all weekend)
- The cost for travelling on Fridays and Sundays is higher than normal
- Check various possible routes as you may find cheaper fares on routes where the journey time is longer
- Check if you’re eligible for a railcard as you can get discounted rail fares
- Read customer reviews regarding Redspottedhanky.com through Trustpilot.co.uk
Redspottedhanky, while having some good features and ideas which set it apart from its major competitors, is let down by bad customer service and poor website functionality. While it does have some unique features, they aren’t enough to make it stand out in a great way, and for those looking for train tickets in London, there are definitely better alternatives.
Go back to Cheap Train Tickets category to find more UK providers of cheap train tickets and offers for travelling across the UK.