Free Short Term Accommodation
Couchsurfing.com offers its users free hospitality with the chance to also meet exciting new people. It can be a unique experience as you’ll stay in the homes of locals and learn about their culture, absolutely free. There are many people (with different age, background, nationality, etc.) available to host you in London, so it’s always a new experience. The average time you can stay in a house via couchsurfing.com is 1 week, and you must sign up in order to browse.
- Nice and friendly website
- Create an open Request for each city that you plan to visit so that hosts can search for you and send you invitations
- Host a surfer and meet locals (search engine by: age, gender, network, safety features and more)
- Website in 7 languages
- Registration is free of charge
- You can get your profile verified for £13/year
- App available on Android and iPhone
- Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+, Tumblr and Pinterest pages
- How it works page, explaining all the steps needed to participate
- Activities section with the latest posts from users
- Join a group discussion (or create one) to get travel tips, discuss your interests, and connect with Couchsurfers wherever you are
- Blog page detailing various users’ experiences
- You must sign up in order to be able to browse
- Ensure that you always keep your availability updated to ensure your best possible chances of securing a property
- Your profile must be at least 50% complete to be able to request to stay with another Couchsurfer.
- Verified travelers get x2 responses
- Full profiles make hosts more likely to respond favorably
- Check out the Tips and FAQ’s in the safety section to make sure you’re all clued up
Courchsurfing.org was designed with the traveller in mind. Those who want to explore without letting money restrain them will fit in perfectly. The site offers the chance of a warm bed and a roof over your head, as well as meeting friendly, fun and exciting new people, perfect!
Check out our Short Term Accommodation in London page for more temporary accommodation sites.