Catch the Christmas Spirit in Greenwich Market
Nothing makes the heart beat a little faster in the lead up to Christmas than the buzz of a busy market. Greenwich Market ticks all the boxes as London’s only historic market set within a World Heritage site.
Steeped in history, gorgeous Christmas lights and the visual delight of up to 120 designer maker stalls and a further dozen or so temptingly delicious food stalls. Stick a pin on the globe and the chances are you’ll find the local cuisine, piping hot and ready to go, in Greenwich Market. The selection of exciting street foods changes daily. Look out for organic and vegan options too, as well as cakes, biscuits and chocolates. And the best mulled wine in London!
The Market has just undergone a massive refurbishment programme, creating a very special destination. The historic cobblestone flooring has been levelled and relaid and the roof refurbished with new glass, the result is amazing – light floods into the market and it is warm and dry even on the chilliest of days.
The Greenwich Market is open every day in December. Early in the week it is not as busy as Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Thursdays and Fridays are antiques and collectibles and on others days the offer is definitely designer maker crafts. Here are some of our favourite gift ideas from the stalls – all well worth a visit.
- Annie May hand made soft toys with a festive flavour
- Eyellusion Adventure sell hand crafted kaleidoscopes and antiquated and antique navigational instruments
- Teabird Antique Candle Cups –look pretty and smell divine
- Roccabella for the magpie’s amongst us. Hand selected gemstones, leaves and shells preserved in 24 karat gold and pure silver
- Little Loomers handmade dolls for little princesses
- Leatherbound hand bound notebooks
- Gillian Arnold handmade cups, coasters and jewellery
Be sure to check the website before heading to the market to find out what traders do what days!
Opening times:The Market is open 7 days a week in December from 10am to 5.30pm apart from Christmas Day 25 December. Open on 1 January.
Address:5b Greenwich Market, London SE10 9HZ, United Kingdom