You May say I am a dreamer!
By Afro (follow her on Twitter: @graphiclondoner)
How can you not love May? With morning sunshine, longer days, warm evenings and two bank holiday weekends to look forward to, it’ the best month to enjoy London! If you’re still looking for ideas on how to plan your evenings out, why not add a couple of films to your schedule?
Get your picnic blanket from the storage, grab a bottle of wine from the closest off-licence and be sure to attend a couple of the outdoor screenings which are part of May’s Free Film Festivals. Check out our favourites in New Cross and Herne Hill! There are some really cool venues in the list!
As per the usual, click on the titles for more information on venues and times. Most of the films are free entry (double check just to make sure), but for some of them you will need to book your place in advance – so you better hurry!
- Saturday 2nd – Wizard of Oz – bike-powered outdoor screening | Telegraph Hill Upper Park | New Cross
- Sunday 3rd – Still The Enemy Within | New Cross Learning | New Cross
- Monday 4th – Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 5th – The Unbroken | The Roxy Bar & Screen | Borough (£4 or £12 with a meal)
- Wednesday 6th – The Duke of Burgundy | Montpellier Back Room Cinema | Peckham (£3.95)
- Wednesday 6th – Blow Up | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Saturday 9th – The Grand Budapest Hotel | Brockwell Lido | Herne Hill
- Monday 11th – The Guest | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 12th – Spring in a small town | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 13th – The Sweet Smell of Success | Tea House Theatre | Vauxhall
- Wednesday 13th – The Beat That My Heart Skipped | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Friday 15th – The Kid with a Bike | Herne Hill Velodrome | Herne Hill
- Saturday 16th – Memories of Underdevelopment + Mean Streets | House of Vans | Waterloo
- Sunday 17th – Finding Vivian Maier | Prince Regent Pub | Herne Hill
- Sunday 17th – NO + Killing Them Softly | House of Vans | Waterloo
- Monday 18th – Death Line | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 19th – Bitter Rice | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 20th – Don’t Look Now | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Friday 22nd – Boyhood | Rosendale Primary School | Herne Hill
- Monday 25th – Prince of Darkness | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 26th – Drunken Angel | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 27th – Manhattan | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Wednesday 27th – Poplar Film Club: Drugstore Cowboy | Lansbury Pharmacy | All Saints
- Saturday 30th – Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure | Brockwell Park | Herne Hill
You may also want to check out the Top 10 Free Events in London in May 2015.