Egg-cellent film ideas for Easter
By Afro (follow her on Twitter: @graphiclondoner)
There are no eggs-cuses for what I just did – 2 puns in a row! But April is around the corner and Daylight Saving Time has just begun. I don’t know about you but this time of the year I get into the spring mood which translates into a huge appetite for outings – just give me a reason! So here is the reason: an awesome free film screening.
This month’s highlight is Roxy Bar in Borough with all the cool films and cool meal combos. A screening costs a mere £4, combine it with a meal for a £12 deal! This is the opportunity you have been waiting for to catch up on all the latest blockbusters with movies ranging from Interstellar to The Fault in our Stars (promising to put a tear in your eyes!).
The New Cross and Deptford Free Film Festival is back this year with 10 days of free films in all our favourite South East London places so take a look at their schedule and book your place now!
P.S. Like always, click on the titles for more information on venues and times. Most of the films are free entry (check brackets for when that’s not the case) but for some of them you will need to book your place in advance so hurry up!
- Wednesday 1st – The Imitation Game | Mycenae Community Cinema | Blackheath
- Thursday 2nd – No One Knows About Persian Cats | Deptford Cinema | Deptford (£5)
- Friday 3rd – The Passion of Joan of Arc with live score | Union Chapel | Highbury & Islington
- Saturday 4th – Father of Lights | The Lounge | West Croydon
- Monday 6th – Akira | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 7th – Bicycle Thieves | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 8th – Interstellar | Mycenae Community Cinema | Blackheath
- Monday 13th – Christine | The Alibi | Dalston
- Tuesday 14th – Germany Year Zero | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 15th – Where Should The Birds Fly? | Amnesty International UK | Shoreditch
- Wednesday 15th – Lost in Translation | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Friday 17th – The Fault In Our Stars | The Roxy Bar & Screen | Borough (£4 or £12 with a meal)
- Monday 20th – The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies | The Roxy Bar & Screen | Borough (£4 or £12 with a meal)
- Monday 20th – A Lizard in a Woman’s Skin | The Alibi | Dalston
- Tuesday 21st – A Hen in the Wind | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 22nd – Sideways | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Thursday 23rd – Furia/The Rage | Romanian Cultural Institute | Belgravia
- Friday 24th – Family Life | Birkbeck Cinema | 43 Gordon Square
- Sunday 26th – Julie & Julia | Deli X | Deptford
- Sunday 26th – Melancholia | The Photographers’ Gallery | Oxford Circus
- Monday 27th – American Werewolf in London | Deptford Lounge | Deptford
- Tuesday 28th – Der Prozess | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 29th – Futures: Strange Days (try some augmented reality hardware!) | The Hill Station | New Cross
- Wednesday 29th – Withnail & I | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Wednesday 29th – Last Order | Blue Anchor Pub | Bromley-By-Bow
- Thursday 30th – Will & Testament | New Cross Learning | New Cross
- Thursday 30th – Arthur Sleep + George Méliès | St James Hatcham | New Cross
- Friday 1st – The Internet’s Own Boy | Sanford Housing Co-op | New Cross
But if the weather is super nice and staying indoors doesn’t do the trick for you, swap a film for a cocktail and have a look at our list of London’s Top 10 Budget Rooftop Bars!
You may also want to check the best cheap cinemas in London.