The best free events this weekend 12-14 February
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? Fear not! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. From music gigs and festivals, to Valentine and anti-Valentine specials, we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 12-14 February. So, have a look below to find our top picks, and if the top 5 isn’t enough you should also check out the top 10 free things to do in February, the best free gigs as well as the best free film screenings.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- Europe Festival: Love and Liaisons at the V&A, Cromwell Rd, SW7 2RL – Fri 12 (6pm – 10pm)
A Valentine’s night of performances, talks, tours, electro-Baroque d-js, silent speed dating and more.
- SE16 Arts Festival in various places in SE16 area – From Thu 11 to Sun 14
There are loads of interesting free art events from theatre and music events to workshops and screenings.
- Chinese New Year in Trafalgar Square, WC2N 5DN – Sun 14 ( 10am – 6pm)
Celebrate the Year of the Monkey in Trafalgar Square with fireworks, parades, stage performances and acrobats.
- Love Is Temporary: anti-Valentines Weekender at The Lock Tavern, Chalk Farm Rd, NW1 8AJ – Sat 13 (6pm)
An anti-Valentine’s Day party for the haters, with djs playing from techno and house to Hip Hop and RnB.
- Eternal Sunshine / Lars & The Real Girl at House of Vans, Station Approach Rd, SE1 8SW – Fri 12 (6pm & 8pm)
Another anti-Valentine’s Day special, with two absolutely great films back to back.