The best free events this weekend 8-10 January
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? Fear not! As always, there are a lot of amazing free things to do in London this weekend 8-10 January 2016. Have a look below to find our top picks and if the top 5 isn’t enough for you check out the top 10 free things to do in January, the best free gigs and the best free film screenings.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- City Academy Open Day at Sadler’s Wells – Sat 9 (from 10am to 6pm – you need to book a free place)
A great opportunity to try out a range of free classes and workshops in Dance, Singing, Musical Theatre, Writing.
- Zealous Explore Creativity at RichMix – Thu 7 Jan – Wed 27 Jan
Art, photography and design, part of the Zealous X – Creative Festival
- Countrier Than Thou All-dayer at The Lock Tavern, Camden – Sun 10 Jan (2am-11pm)
1 day festival of Americana, Roots and Country Music with bands and djs all day + Authentic American food all day.
- Carmen Carr And The Red Roosters at The Fox and Firkin, Lewisham – Sun 10 (starts at 8pm)
Authentic blues by Carmen Carr and the Red Roosters.
- ‘Radical Vision in London’s South Docks’ guided walk at Rotherhithe Tube – Sat 9 (11am-1pm)
An interesting guided walk through the radical history of Rotherhithe & Bermondsey.