The best free events this weekend 1-3 July
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? No worries! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. From arts festivals and carnivals to gigs and vintage markets, we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 1-3 July. So, have a look below to find our top picks, and if the top 5 isn’t enough you should also check out the top 10 free summer exhibitions.
- Art Night 2016 at 10 iconic venues across London – Sat 2 (6pm – 2am)
A must-attend new contemporary arts festival featuring installations and performance art.
- Free Transported by Design Festival on Regent Street – Sun 3 (noon – 6pm)
Regent Street will become a time-machine, taking you to the past, present and future of transport designs.
- Bermondsey Carnival in Southwark Park, SE16 2EH – Sat 2 (noon-8pm)
80’s icon Paul Young headlines this year’s Bermondsey Carnival, plus dance, food and drink, stalls and more.
- Thriftstock 2016 at East End Thrift Store, Assembly Passage, E14UT – Sat 2 – Wed 6 (11am – 6pm)
Head to East End Thrift Store to find a massive vintage pound sale featuring 15 tons of vintage bargains.
- Greenford Carnival at Ravenor Park, Greenford, UB6 – Sat 2
Part of Ealing Summer Festivals, live music performances, dancing and plenty of food.