The best free events this weekend 11-13 September
By Manolis Zografakis
There are a lot of great free things to do in London this weekend 11-13 September. On Friday, there is there is the free film screening of the Theory of Everything at the Scoop at More London and the live set of the Jazz/Hip Hop collective Sumochief at Pop Brixton. On Saturday, there is the launch party for Post Louis new single at The Waiting Room. On Sunday you can head down to Camden to celebrate the 50 years of Camden Arts Centre with fun artist-led activities throughout the Centre all afternoon. On Sunday afternoon there is the closing day of Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival with the Young Filmmakers Competition.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- Brixton Briefcase presents Sumochief at Pop Brixton, SW9 8PQ – Fri 11 (8pm – midnight)
Live set by one of London’s best Jazz/Hip Hop collective the Sumochief.
- Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival at Peckhamplex Cinema in Peckham, SE15 4ST – Sun 13 (at 2pm)
Don’t miss the Young Filmmakers Competition Winners at Peckhamplex Cinema.
- Summer Takeover at Camden Arts Centre, NW3 6DG – Sun 13 (noon – 5pm)
Free artist-led activities take place across the building + BBQ special.
- Screening of The Theory of Everything at The Scoop at More London, SE1 2DB – Fri 4 (7:30pm)
Open air screening of the award winning film about the true story of Stephen Hawking.
- Post Louis’ new single launch party at The Waiting Room, N16 0LH – Sat 12 (8pm – 11pm)
Pink Moon will be hosting the launch party for Post Louis’ brand new single ‘30m Pool’.
You may also want to check out the Open House London.