The best free events this weekend 20-22 May
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? No worries! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. From food festivals to a vintage sale, we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 20-22 May. So, have a look below to find our top picks, and if the top 5 isn’t enough you should also check out the top 10 free things to do in town in May and the best free film screenings.
- Yelp London’s Food Festival of the Future at Cargo, 83 Rivington Street, EC2A 3AY – Sun 22 (1pm-10pm)
A day of food and technology, upcoming food trends, virtual reality, robots and drones! Free check-in on Yelp
- Zurich meets London — a Festival of Two Cities in various venues in London – until Sunday 22 (noon – midnight)
Interesting free events as part of the multi-venue festival (highlights: 10 Years Club Zukunft + Instant City Reloaded)
- SicilyFest in Bishops Square, Spitalfields, E1 6FQ – Sat 21 & Sun 22
Bishops Square will be transformed into a traditional Sicilian street market, showcasing the best of Sicily.
- Nunhead Cemetery Annual Open Day at Nunhead Cemetery, Linden Grove, SE15 3LP – Sat 21 (11am – 5pm)
Guided tours, choirs in the chapel, traditional wood-crafting demonstrations, displays, exhibitions and birds of prey.
- Brixton Vintage Kilo Sale at Pop Brixton, 49 Brixton Station Road, SW9 8PQ- Sat 21 (11am – 6pm)
A massive vintage sale with tonnes of vintage goodies for you to pick from – £15 for 1KG of clothes.