The best free events this weekend 21-23 August
By Manolis Zografakis
There are a lot of great free things to do in London this weekend. We are excited about John Luther Adam’s latest work Across A Distance where horn players will be playing separately, outside, around the Southbank Centre so that listeners can discover the music as they wander around the area. On Saturday, there is the free open air screening of the sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood at the lovely Floating Cinema and on Sunday the Old Dalston Market at Epic Dalston for the vintage lovers. Moreover, there is a nice free 2-day live art event that takes place on Saturday and Sunday at the Barbican as well as the 5th week of the River Stage with free outdoor entertainment on the river, in front of the National Theatre. So, without further ado we present our Top 5 Free Events in London this weekend 21-23 August 2015. By the way, if our top 5 isn’t enough for you have a look at the Top 10 Free events this month and the free film screenings in August.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- From East to the Barbican at Barbican Centre, EC2Y 8DS – Sat 22 – Sun 23
Two-day live art event curated by Something Human, reflecting on democratic uses of public space.
- River Stage: Week 5 on the river, in front of the National Theatre, SE1 9PX – Fri 21 – Sun 23
Free outdoor street theatre followed by guest DJs on the river, in front of the National.
- The Old Dalston Market at EPIC Dalston, N16 8BH – Sun 23 (10am – 5pm)
A nice monthly vintage market in the heart of Dalston, with over 50 hand-picked stall holders.
- John Luther Adam’s Across A Distance at Southbank Centre, SE1 8XX – Sun 23 (2pm & 6pm)
64 horn players will be playing separately, outside, around the Southbank Centre.
- Floating Cinema: ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’ at Riverside Green, E3 3DU – Sat 22 (8.30pm)
Open air and fancy dress screening of 50’s sci-fi classic The Day the Earth Stood – Pre book essential.
You may also want to check out Bermondsey Street Festival 2015.