The best free events this weekend 22-24 April
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? No worries! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. From free festivals to gigs and parties, we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 22-24 April. So, have a look below to find our top picks, and if the top 5 isn’t enough you should also check out the top 10 free things to do in town in April and the best free film screenings.
- Hackney Flea Market at Abney Hall, Church St, Hackney. N16 7HU – Sat 23 & Sun 24 (11am –6pm)
After a 3 month break, Hackney Flea Market returns with another awesome selection of hand-picked stall holders + DJs.
- New Cross & Deptford Free Film Festival Launch party at The Duke, Creek Rd , SE8 3BU – Sat 23 (7:30pm – till late)
Free screening of Spike Lee’s crime thriller Summer of Sam, followed by a 70’s disco party.
- Shakespeare’s 400 Anniversary from Westminster Bridge to Tower Bridge- Sat 13 & Sun 14
10-min films will be shown on 37 screens along the Thames between Westminster Bridge and Tower Bridge.
- Feast of St. George’s Day in Trafalgar Square, WC2N 5DN – Sat 23 (12pm – 6pm)
Celebrate England’s National Day with live music, dance, storytelling and games at the Feast of St George.
- DJ Andy Smith (from Portishead) at Mirth Marvel & Maud, 186 Hoe St,Walthamstow, E17 4QH – Sat 23 (9pm-2am)
Ex-Portishead DJ Andy Smith will spin an eclectic mix of 45s in the Walthamstow ex-cinema building.