Cover Letter Tips
Find below our one of a kind cover letter tips!
You don’t want to ramble on about how many cats you own and where you went for holiday last year, this is where you really need to sell yourself by writing about your personal attributes and why you are perfect for the job. The employer wants to know what type of job you are looking for so it may be beneficial to write for example “I am looking for a position that will make use of my experience in marketing, however I am open to any opportunities that you think may suit my experience and skills”.
What your cover letter should have:
- A greeting: If you can, find out the name of the person that receives the applications and address them in your letter, this is great for impressing and showing you have done your research!
- Introduction: Introduce yourself. You don’t need to write an essay, simply write a few sentences about whom you are and why you are contacting them.
- Next you want to state what position you are interested in and why you want to work for this specific organization. Again, it is beneficial to have researched the company and here would be a good time to throw some facts at them.
- Now you must show how you are the only person in the world for this job by highlighting your skills and strengths. Don’t forget to write about how the superb experience you have makes you an ideal employee.
- Make it sound like you are flexible to meet up and discuss any options at any time.
- Always thank them for their time and consideration at the end of the letter.
- You can find several cover letter samples and templates throughout the web. Check some samples through writenwrite.com
If you want someone to proofread or even write from scratch your cover letter, you can ask professional help from writers like professays.com.
You may also want to check our Job Interview Tips.