By Afro (follow her on Twitter: @graphiclondoner)
With Halloween just over and Bonfire Night coming up, this month is off to a great start! Days are getting shorter but we have the perfect way to overcome S.A.D and ditch that Sainsbury’s meal in front of the TV: a cool film for each day.
November is packed with a lot of interesting film events. I may be a bit biased here (being Greek and all) but one of my favourite entries for this month is Hellenic Centre’s celebrations for its 20th year anniversary. They will show the internationally acclaimed period drama ‘Little England’ and the feel-good comedy ‘Papadopoulos & Sons’ filmed here in London.
As per the usual, click on the titles for more information on venues and times. Most of the films have a free entrance (check brackets when it’s not the case) but for some of them you will need to book your place in advance so hurry up!
- Tuesday 4th – Short Film | Crystal Palace International Film Festival | Norwood Junction (£5)
- Wednesday 5th – The Decent One | The Wiener Library | Finchley Road & Frognal
- Thursday 6th – Beswick & Pye’s Film Club – A Selection of Short Films | Platform 39 | Old Street (£5)
- Friday 7th – Somerstown (1984) | The Somers Town Community Centre | King’s Cross
- Sunday 9th – The Hunger Games | Bar Paragon | Stepney Green
- Tuesday 11th – Shorts On Tap present: ‘Autumn Leaves: a trip down Memory Lane – 7 Short Films’ | Café 1001 | Brick Lane
- Wednesday 12th – BAFTA Shorts Educational Tour 2014 | Ravensbourne College | Greenwich
- Thursday 13th – Films of ritual and threat, despair and success | We the Peoples Film Festival | Wembley Park
- Friday 14th – Syria, Peace and War | We the Peoples Film Festival | Russell Square
- Saturday 15th – Double Bill: Little England &Papadopoulos & Sons | Hellenic Centre | Baker Street
- Monday 17th – Ketchup | MA Character Animation | King’s Cross
- Wednesday 19th – Race to Nowhere | Reel Link Films | Regent’s Park
- Friday 21st – The Perfect Wave – a Glimpse into Eternity | FLIP THE SCRIPT FILM CLUB | Croydon
- Sunday 23rd – Memory Reels | The Lexi Cinema | Kensal Rise
- Monday 24th – The Three Pillars of Freedom; New films on Human Rights | We the People’s Film Festival | Euston Square
- Tuesday 25th – BLACKBIRD | S4 Film Club Vol. 22 | Stepney Green
- Wednesday 26th – My Winnipeg | UCL Art Museum Film Club | Euston Square
- Thursday 27th – The First World War On Film | GRAD: Gallery for Russian Arts and Design | Oxford Circus (Free with entrance to the exhibition)
- Friday 28th – The Silk Road of Pop | The British Library | Euston / St. Pancras International
That’s it for this month! By the way, have you checked out the new pop-up pillow cinema?
You may also want to check out the Top 10 Free Events in London in November.