Sorting out your agenda for October!
By Afro (follow her on Twitter: @foustoon)
I always find myself very busy in October, and just looking over this list has made me realise that October is a great month for London. There’s so much stuff going on, and one of the coolest things you can do in London is grab a ticket for a free screening! If you’ve recently met someone new, don’t forget that a movie night is one of the best dates EVER!
From Black History Month 2014 and films for social awareness to a unique festival in Elephant and Castle celebrating this awesome area of South London, this month really has it all. Add to that Pulp’s documentary screening and a Ryan Gosling marathon (yes, you heard me right!)- is it me or is our calendar suddenly full?
P.S.- Like always, click on the titles for more information on venues and times. Most of the films are free entry (check brackets for when that’s not the case) but for some of them you will need to book your place in advance so hurry up!
- Wednesday 1st – A Fish Called Wanda | Mycenae Community Cinema | Blackheath
- Thursday 2nd – Shorts On Tap presents: ‘Enemy at the Gates – 7 Short Films’ | Café 1001 | Bricklane
- Friday 3rd – Le Week-End | North Chingford Library | Chingford
- Saturday 4th – ELEFEST: MODERN BRITISH SCI-FI FILMS | The Cinema Museum | SE11 4TH
- Sunday 5th – Pulp – A Film About Life, Death & Supermarkets | Back Room Cinema | Peckham Rye (£3.95)
- Monday 6th – Highlander | The Alibi | Dalston
- Wednesday 8th – Screen Social presents NORTHERN SOUL STEW | The Book Club | Shoreditch (£3/£4)
- Friday 10th – Sambizanga | Birkbeck | Goodge street
- Saturday 11th – Boardwalk Empire | Boxpark | Shoreditch
- Sunday 12th – 20,000 Days on Earth | The Montpelier’s Back Room Cinema | Peckham Rye (£3.95)
- Monday 13th – Wadjda | B17 (Basement) | Goodge street
- Tuesday 14th – Call Me Kuchu | University of Westminster | Oxford Circus
- Wednesday 15th – In Bruges | Mycenae Community Cinema | Blackheath
- Friday 17th – Clapham Junction | Birkbeck | Goodge street
- Sunday 19th – Ryan Gosling – Triple Bill | Hackney Attic (London Fields FFF) | Hackney
- Wednesday 22nd – Blue Steel | Mycenae Community Cinema | Blackheath
- Thursday 23rd – Finding Fela | Mildmay Community Centre | Dalston
- Friday 24th – Cuba, An African Odyssey | Birkbeck | Goodge street
- Saturday 25th – How To Train Your Dragon 2 | Hackney Picturehouse | Hackney Central
- Sunday 26th – Short Sighted Cinema: Hackney | Hackney Attic (London Fields FFF) | Hackney
- Monday 27th – Nostalgia For The Light | The Forge | Camden
- Friday 31st – Caché / Hidden | Birkbeck | Goodge street
You may also want to check out the Top 10 free events in London in October 2014.