The best free events this weekend 26-28 February
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? Fear not! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. From music events and exhibitions to free film screenings and art installations we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 26-28 February. So, have a look below to find our top picks, and if the top 5 isn’t enough you should also check out the best free gigs as well as the best free film screenings.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- Real Roots Party at Silver Bullet, Finsbury Park – Sat 27 (8pm-4am) – Free before 10pm
Reggae dub, Roots & Culture sounds from Lord Ambassador Sound System, Mark Solution and Roots Sensation.
- Vox Open Day at The Old Church, Stoke Newington – Sat 27 (10am–5pm)
A unique sound and light installation, part of BREATHE festival.
- Fashion Show: 60 Years of Fashion Photography at Atlas Gallery, Marylebone – 25 Feb-24 March
40 diverse photographs celebrating the development of fashion photography will go on display at Atlas Gallery.
- Gone with the Wind at Sands Films Cinema Club, Rotherhithe – Sun 28 (5pm-10pm)
A free screening of the classic American epic-historical romance film Gone with the Wind.
- Tibet’s Secret Temple at the Wellcome Collection, Euston Square – Until Sun 28
It’s the last weekend of this great exhibition exploring Tibetan Buddhist yogic and meditational practice and their connections to physical and mental wellbeing.