The best free events this weekend 5-7 February
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? Fear not! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. From music gigs and festivals to art exhibitions and museum lates, we picked the best events of the weekend. So, have a look below to find our top picks and if the top 5 isn’t enough for you check out the top 10 free things to do in February, the best free gigs and the best free film screenings.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- Changing Minds Festival at Southbank Centre, Southbank, SE1 8XX – Sat 6 Feb to Sun 7 Feb
There are several free events at this super interesting festival that examines mental health and arts.
- Throw Down Bones at The Shacklewell Arms, Dalston, E8 2EB – Sun 7 Feb (starts at 8pm)
This is a must attend gig for fans of electronica, psychedelic and progressive.
- Smile Acoustic at Rich Mix, Shoreditch, E1 6LA – Sun 7 Feb (starts at 6pm)
A night with free cake, original songs to make you think, and a good bar in case you need a drink.
- Lost in Music exhibition at theprintspace gallery, Hoxton, E2 8DL – Fri 5 Feb to 15 Feb (Sunday – Closed)
A new photography exhibition of the story of dance music and global dance culture.
- Friday Late Spectacular: Feeling Emotional at the Wellcome Collection, Bloomsbury, NW1 2BE – Fri 5 (7pm)
Late opening exploring the art and science of human emotions, live performances, talks and more.