The best free events this weekend 7-9 August
By Manolis Zografakis
As always, there are several nice free events in London this weekend. On Friday, there is the outdoor free screening of the movie Mission Impossible starring Tom Cruise in Sheldon Square as well as the launch of the promising mini music festival Cross Fest in New Cross. If you love theatre you should head down to Southbank where you can enjoy free open air theatre and if you are a vinyl fan you should visit the 4th edition of the Peckham Independent Label Fair at The Peckham Pelican. Finally, on Saturday and Sunday the British Museum transports visitors to Bronze Age via virtual reality which sounds really cool and we would love to give it a try. So, without further ado we present our Top 5 Free Events in London this weekend 7-9 August 2015. By the way, if our top 5 isn’t enough for you have a look at the Top 10 Free events this month and the free film screenings in August.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- Peckham Independent Label Fair IV at The Peckham Pelican, SE15 5PY – Sat 8 (12:00-7:00pm)
One of our favourite record fairs featuring records, tapes, merchandise and live DJ sets from labels and artists.
- Virtual reality weekend at the British Museum, WC1B 3DG – Sat 8 – Sun 9 (11am – 16pm)
A superb change to virtually travel to a different time entering the Bronze Age!
- Outdoor screening of Mission Impossible in Sheldon Square, W2 – Fri 7 (screening starts at 6:30pm)
An outdoor screening on a big screen, part of the Paddington Central Festival.
- Cross Fest at New Cross Inn, SE14 6AS – Fri 7 – Sun 9
A cool 3-day live music fest featuring some great acts (free with suggested entry donation).
- More London Free Theatre Festival at The Scoop at More London, SE1 2DB – Fri 7 to Sun 9 (6pm – 10:30pm)
London’s Free Open-Air Theatre Season returns with Captain Show-Off! and Hecuba and The Trojan Women.
You may also want to check out the Merge Bankside Festival 2015.