The best free events this weekend 8-10 April
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? No worries! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. From free festivals to markets we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 8-10 April. So, have a look below to find our top picks, and if the top 5 isn’t enough you should also check out the top 10 free things to do in town in April and the best free film screenings.
- Vaisakhi Festival at City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, SE1 2AA- Satu 9 (1pm – 6pm)
A celebration of Sikh tradition, heritage and culture with folk music, turban tying, martial arts, food, and more.
- Crafty Fox Market at The Geffrye Museum, Hoxton, E2 8EA – Sat 9 & Sun 10 (10am – 5pm)
Find 100 different designer makers offering a range of ceramics, textiles, jewellery, art-prints and gifts + workshops and DJs.
- Camberwell Free Film Festival at various venues across London SE5 – Until Sun 10
It’s the last weekend for this free film festival with several film screenings at venues across Camberwell.
- Disco Soup at Borough Market, Southwark St, SE1 1TL – Sun 10 (12:30pm – 10:30pm)
A gathering of food and music, where people come together to chop to the beat, and meals using surplus food.
- Peckham Flea Market at Peckham Pelican, Peckham Road , SE15 5PY
This will be the second Peckham Flea Market, where you will find vintage traders offering clothing, homeware, jewellery and books.