The best free events this bank holiday weekend
By Manolis Zografakis
Hooray! It’s Easter time! If you haven’t made plans for the bank holiday weekend yet, no worries. As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. From free festivals and markets to gigs and parties we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 18-20 March. So, scroll down for more information
- The Lock Tavern Festival at The Lock Tavern, Chalk Farm Road, NW1 8AJ – Fri 24 – Sun 27 (1pm-3am)
Live music and DJs, street food, football on the TV and Lagunitas craft beer (RSVP essential).
- Easter Weekend Small Films Marathon at V&A, Cromwell Rd, SW7 2RL – Fri 25 – Sun 27 (2pm-4pm)
See back-to-back screenings of Peter Firmin and Oliver Postgate’s animated classics.
- The Passion of Jesus in Trafalgar Square, Westminster, WC2N 5DN – Fri 25 (12pm – 3:15pm)
Wintershall Players bring their full-scale re-enactment of The Passion of Jesus to Trafalgar Square this Good Friday.
- The Woolwich Big Screen at General Gordon Square,Woolwich, SE18 6HD – Sat 26 (from 11am)
See a series of family films on the Big Screen in Woolwich each morning of the Easter Weekend.
- Make Do and Mend Easter Vintage & Makers Market at Pop Brixton, Brixton Station Road, SW9 8PQ – Sat 26 (10am – 4:30pm)
Over 20 independent traders selling vintage and retro fashion, accessories, homewares and are + DJ set.