She listens like spring and she talks like June
By Afro (follow her on Twitter: @graphiclondoner)
London loves June! From Swedish midsummer celebrations to the summer solstice on the 21st, it’s really hard to make up any excuses and stay indoors this month. What’s more, there are some awesome film screenings happening in the city – all for free!
Summer favourite Floating Cinema is kicking off this month with a series of screenings on a boat that will travel you through canals around London. Check out their schedule and book your ticket before it sells out! BP Big Screens are also back in June with an outdoors screening of Puccini’s best-loved opera ‘La Boheme’ in Trafalgar Square.
PS As per the usual, click on the titles for more information on venues and times. Most of the films have a free entrance (check brackets when it’s not the case) but for some of them you will need to book your place in advance so hurry up!
- Wednesday 3rd – A Beautiful Mind | Mycenae Community Cinema | Blackheath
- Wednesday 3rd – Almost Famous | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Thursday 4th – I Wish | Hackney Film Club Turkey and East Asia | Dalston
- Monday 8th – Ex_Machina | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 9th – Sonnenstrahl (Ray of Sunshine) | Austrian Cultural Forum London | Knightsbridge
- Wednesday 10th – BP Big Screens 2015: La Boheme | Trafalgar Square
- Wednesday 10th – Inside Llewyn Davis | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Thursday 11th – Paths to Freedom | Harecourt URC | Canonbury
- Saturday 13th – All Tomorrow’s Parties | Floating Cinema | Reading
- Monday 15th – The Craft | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 16th – Danton | Sands Films Cinema Club | Rotherhithe
- Wednesday 17th – Sweet & Lowdown | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Friday 19th – Wizard of Oz + Pride | Open air Screening | Hyde Park
- Monday 22nd – Casablanca + Spinal Tap | Open air Screening | Hyde Park
- Monday 22nd – Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me | Alibi Film Club | Dalston
- Tuesday 23rd – Bar Shorts Film Club Present DOC Shorts |The Book Club | Shoreditch
- Tuesday 23rd – Breakfast at Tiffany’s + Bridesmaids | Open air Screening | Hyde Park
- Wednesday 24th – Ghostbusters + Topgun | Open air Screening | Hyde Park
- Wednesday 24th – Carrington | University College London | Euston Square
- Wednesday 24th – Whiplash | The Cat’s Back | Wandsworth Park
- Thursday 25th – Grease + Mama Mia | Open air Screening | Hyde Park
- Monday 29th – The Curious Cinema Club | Harrison Bar | Kings Cross
You may also want to check out the top 10 free things to do in London in June 2015.