Put on a scrumptiously spooky spread this Halloween
Guest post by Touchstone Student Living
Halloween is just around the corner and what better way to get in your flatmates’ good books than by surprising them with a supernatural spread? If you’re staying in this Halloween (what a good student you are!) then you can still enjoy this scary celebration by indulging in tasty, terrifying treats in between studying. Here’s how to put on a scrumptiously spooky spread this October 31st.
#1 | Cheesy Witches’ Broomsticks
If you and your flatmates are a sucker for cheese, cheesy witches’ broomsticks will go down a treat. These tasty snacks are made using just three ingredients so they’re extremely easy to make and won’t blow your student budget. Here’s how to make them:
- 12 pretzel sticks
- 6 pre-packaged cheese slices
- 12 chives
- Cut each slice of cheese in half. Then use a knife to fringe the slices in order to create the bristles of the brooms.
- Wrap a fringed slice of cheese around the end of each pretzel stick and secure it in place by using the chives as ribbon.
- Separate the bristles and voila, you have yourself 12 cheesy witches’ broomsticks! Serve with your favourite dips and enjoy.
#2 | Creepy Coffin Sandwiches
A buffet isn’t a buffet without sandwiches; they’re the bread and butter of any party spread, literally! Make delicious, creepy coffin sandwiches this Halloween in just 10 minutes. You’ll be so impressed with the outcome, you’ll be Instagramming these bad boys.
- Loaf of bread
- 100g beetroot, sliced
- 50g butter
- 10 slices of ham
- Bottle of Ketchup
- Cut out coffins from each slice of bread and lightly butter each one. Place the ham on the coffin-shaped bread and top with the beetroot slices, followed by another coffin shape. The colour of the beetroot will bleed onto the ham and bread, creating a blood-like appearance!
- Carefully write RIP on top of each sandwich using a bottle of ketchup or, if you prefer, use a piping bag for a more legible finish. However, an imperfect message will further add to the creepy creation! These spine-chilling coffin sandwiches will be a hit this Halloween.
#3 | Ominous Oreo Spiders
Every buffet needs something sweet and these simple but tasty treats will take just minutes to make. You don’t have to use Oreos but let’s face it, they’re delicious and their colour is pretty apt for a spider! Here’s how to make them:
- Black liquorice cables
- White icing
- N.B. The quantity depends on how many of these delightful, eight legged creations you wish to make!
- Cut the liquorice cables to create spider legs and insert 4 pieces into the Oreo filling on each side of the cookie.
- Give the spiders eyes by piping two dots of white icing onto each Oreo and hey presto: you have yourself a batch of edible spiders!
Your flatmates will be super impressed with your spread of Halloween party food so you’re certain to have a happy Halloween this October 31st.
However, if you’re looking for a new place for you and your roomies to call home, look no further than Touchstone Student Living.
Touchstone provides comfortable, modern and well located student accommodation in the vibrant cities of London, Nottingham, Newcastle and Lincoln. Take a look around their website or call 01225 838373 today to find out more.