This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
The best free events this weekend 11-13
By Manolis Zografakis
No plans for the weekend? No worries! As always, we’ve compiled the best free things to do in London this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. From free festivals to art exhibitions we’ve picked the best events of the weekend 11-13 March. So, have a look below to find our top picks, and if the top 5 isn’t enough you should also check out the top 10 free things to do in town in March, the best free gigs and the best free film screenings.
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- Triplettes de Belleville – with live soundtrack at SOAS University, Bloomsbury, WC1H 0XG – Fri 11 (at 7:00pm)
Les Triplettes de Belleville is a seminal piece of animation with live music soundtrack from Cabinet of Living Cinema.
- Speed Mentoring for Women at SouthBank Centre, Southbank,SE1 8XX – Saturday 12 (12:45pm – 1:45pm)
Experts in many fields, including art, journalism and science and WOW festival speakers provide free mentoring sessions to women (prebook).
- Boyd & Evans – Overland at Flowers Central, Cork Street – Until 12 March
Large-scale photographic works of the American West by the artist duo Boyd & Evans.
- St Patrick’s Day Festival and Parade in Trafalgar Square, Westminster, WC2N 5DN – Sun 13 (12pm-6pm)
Head to Trafalgar Square to celebrate all things Irish, marching bands, live music and one huge party.
- Jo Spence: The Final Project at Richard Saltoun Gallery, W1W 6RY – Until 24 March
An interesting exhibition of the work of British photographer Jo Spence produced in the last two years of her life before her death.