The best free events this weekend 9-11 October
By Manolis Zografakis
There are a lot of great free things to do in London this weekend 9-11 October. There is an interesting exhibition at Le Dame Art Gallery at Meliá White House Hotel featuring works from emerging artists of painting and illustration who are members of the new online encyclopedia of Art USEUM. On Saturday, there is the free festival of African cultures Africa on the Square in Trafalgar Square, with live performances, fashion, food and activities as well as a nice live music gig at The Shacklewell Arms in Dalston. Movie fans can head down to South Norwood for the free screening of the movie Northern Soul and also enjoy a night of Northern Soul music. On Sunday, the international Big Draw festival will take over the vibrant new King’s Cross development and people are invited to join in a free programme of urban exploration, collaborative drawing and creative activities. If our top 5 isn’t enough for you have a look at the Top 10 Free events in October. Enjoy the weekend!
The Best Free London Events of the Weekend
- USEUM exhibition at Le Dame London Art Gallery at Meliá White House, NW1 3UP – 7 Oct – 7 Nov
23 artists from 16 countries exhibit their works at USEUM’s debut at Le Dame Art Gallery.
- Free screening of the movie Northern Soul at Stanley Halls, South Norwood, SE25 6AB – Sat 10 Oct (7:30pm)
Free film screening plus DJ set and food by NICE food.
- Africa on the Square 2015 in Trafalgar Square, WC2N 5DN – Sat 10 Oct (noon-6pm)
Celebrate the best of African culture with live music, DJs, dancing, African food and more.
- Pink Moon all Dayer party at The Shacklewell Arms, E8 2EB – Sat 10 Oct (4pm – 11pm)
A nice live music gig featuring some great upcoming bands – check out the Dead Cost and the Venice Trip.
- Drawing the World at Granary Square, King’s Cross, N1C – Sun 11 Oct (11am – 4 pm)
Urban exploration, collaborative drawing and creative activities for all ages part of the Big Draw 2015.