The best free events this weekend 19-21 June 2015
By Manolis Zografakis
As always, there are plenty of nice free things to do in London this weekend 19-21 June. On Friday, there is the ‘A World in London- Live!’ event at the Southbank Centre as part of Refugee Week while on Saturday there is the first National Circuit Event at Tate Modern. Moreover, on Saturday there is the International Yoga Day with free yoga & meditation classes in the beautiful grounds of Alexandra Palace and on Sunday a nice boutique/vintage market at the Wick. Finally, on Saturday and Sunday, those who love musicals should head down to Trafalgar square where the annual WEST END takes place showcasing free performances from top West End musicals. So, without further ado we present our Top 5 Free Events in London this weekend 19-21 June 2015. By the way, if our top 5 isn’t enough for you have a look at the Top 10 Free events this month and the free film screenings in June.
Top 5 Free Events
- A World in London: Live at Southbank, SE1 8XX – Fri 19 (1pm-10pm)
A nice event at the Southbank Centre with live world music as part of Refugee Week.
- WEST END LIVE in Trafalgar Square, WC2N 5DN – Sat 20 (11am-6pm) & Sun 21 (noon-6pm)
Head to Trafalgar square to watch around 30 of the best of the West End’s musical for free.
- The United Nations International Yoga Day at Alexandra Palace, N22 7AY – Sun 21 (all Day from 6am)
The biggest free outdoor yoga event with 80 free yoga and meditation classes – you need to pre-register.
- Circuit: access, change, learning at Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall, SE1 9TG – Sat 20 (12:30pm-5:30pm)
Free panel discussions, music performances, screenings and digital displays by Circuit young people.
- The Wick Sunny Sunday Vibes at The Wick, E9 5JH – Sun 21 (noon until 10:30pm)
A weekly boutique/vintage market with streetfood, cocktails on the beach and live music.
You may also want to check out the London Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival 2015.